Number of Awards
The CSNS/CNS Medical Student Socioeconomic Fellowship supports a medical student conducting research on a socioeconomic issue impacting neurosurgical practice. It is funded and overseen by the Council of State Neurosurgical Societies and administered through the Fellowship Committee of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
The fellowship is open to all medical students in the United States and Canada. The fellow will spend 8 to 10 weeks conducting supervised research on a socioeconomic topic of importance to neurosurgery.
The fellow must submit a final report to the CNS Fellowships Committee by December 1 following completion of the summer fellowship. Any publications resulting from supported research must acknowledge the support.
Financial support is exclusively for stipend support to the student.
Selection Criteria Fellowship applications will be judged on:
- Originality of proposed project.
- Significance to neurosurgery of project.
- Feasibility of project completion.
- Applicant’s qualifications.
- Institutional resources.
Complete the application requirements listed below:
Digital file (jpeg, eps or tiff) minimum of 1600 x 1200 pixels and resolution of at least 300 DPI.
- Complete the online CSNS Medical Student Fellowship Application.
- Two reference letters.
- Curriculum vitae of applicant.
- Curriculum vitae of proposed mentor.
- Attach a headshot photograph.